We all learn something as we grow, it can be through many hardships we encounter, through our past mistakes or by how we used to live our life and experience certain situations. We all gain knowledge through our ups and downs, whenever we rise back up when we fall, whenever we try to correct the wrongdoings we’ve done before, so when they say ‘Life is a continuous learning process’ you know well it is.
Some lessons in life can only be learned through the hard way, in which we simply cannot learn until we personally face and experience certain situations in our life. Of course, you can always learn something from other people’s perspectives, but it is your experiences that can become the greatest teacher you will ever need whenever you seek new challenges and opportunities in life.
These life lessons had a great impact on your life because they helped you become the person you are today and the person you are always meant to become. Without it, what’s the purpose of living? What’s the purpose of being here if you are not conquering the lessons that life has given you to become your best self? You are improving for a reason, so take it with you along the way and learn from these life lessons throughout your lifetime.
After all, we became our own best teacher. Without the lessons that life has given us in all our experiences, we would have never understood what it’s like to get past the hardships that we encountered and get through it all. Every day in life we learn something new, it teaches you a lesson but you just need to have the willingness to learn, because life will give lessons repeatedly until you finally learned from it. If you learned the lesson well and applied it within you, success in everything that you do will always find you.
Having said that, here are some life advices that you should know that can help you become the best version of yourself.
- Failures are part of Success – When you fail once and come back stronger the second time around, it teaches you that sometimes failures are okay because its part of life, that when you fail and overcome it, it can make you become more motivated again to not make the same mistakes you once did because you are now afraid of failing twice. Failures teach you valuable lessons in life, it teaches you to not be afraid of failing because failures are a stepping stone to success. Every time we do something that failed, we learn much more about how to succeed the next time because our past failures were laying the foundation for our future successes as long as we learn from them.
Most people are fearing failures but sometimes when you try something for the first time, you wouldn’t really succeed at it, especially if you haven’t learned the lessons that it needs to have in order for you to move forward and succeed. If you are lacking the knowledge, it’s okay to fail, don’t be too hard on yourself and instead use the failure as a learning experience for you to do better next time. It not only helps you to have knowledge of something you’re lacking, but it also molds and shapes you to be the person you are supposed to become.
- Life is more about the journey and not the destination – Sometimes we all get caught up on our dreams that we merely focus on the future and don’t get me wrong we all think and imagine what our future lives were going to look like but it makes us forget about the present moment we are living in today. Don’t get too caught up with the future that you don’t appreciate every moment that is present within you. Make every moment count and live your life happily now, don’t wait for the future to come by and start working on your goals that you have to finally reach for your dream, do not just think of the future, live like you are in your future, because who knows what tomorrow might bring?
Make sure that in every step you take in your journey you are happy and enjoying it because your future self will go back and appreciate that you did.
- Good things never come easy – You have to work hard for the things that you want in your life in order to get it, it will not be handed to you. Don’t expect to have everything you wanted to be handed to you on a silver platter without actually putting the work to do so. Good things never come easy, if you don’t put the amount of effort in everything that you do and have the ability to learn from something that can help you grow, you will never reach it. It’s entirely up to you, but don’t expect for an overnight success because it’s a long journey, Work hard and you’ll finally get there.
- Don’t be afraid to try – Don’t be afraid to try something new that you’re uncomfortable of doing, because it will also open up lessons that can be valuable to you. Get out of your comfort zone, do something you haven’t done before and learn from it, it not only gives you the advantage to succeed because you have the knowledge you need but it also gives you the courage to not be afraid of trying new things instead of limiting yourself to what you know. Being uncomfortable at the beginning is part of growth, remember, you can’t be good at anything when you are new to it, but as you do it more, you will become so used to it that you forget you were even uncomfortable at the early stage. Nothing good ever came from staying within boundaries and you will always be stuck to what you are still, unable to move forward if and when you choose to not get out of your comfort zone.
- Your happiness should not depend on others – Your happiness lies within you, nobody can make you happy unless you are happy with yourself first. Don’t look for happiness somewhere because real happiness lies from deep within, from what you are passionate about, from what you value the most because you’ll realize that the true purpose of your life is when you make yourself happy through achieving certain things you are passionate of, it’s indeed the real meaning of life.
If you miss our previous articles, you can read it by clicking on these links below;