Your environment is a reflection of you, it’s a place where you can be free to be yourself and do all the things you have to do, and for that reason, It is important that the places we call home and lived at, are well-maintained and in order. We should be in a comfortable living space, one that is neat and healthy for an environment because the dirtier our house is, the more it affects our health condition. Living requires orderliness but if you lack the responsibility to be one, the more you are likely to be prone to sickness and susceptible to germs which can weaken your immune system. A cleaner house attracts the eyes of your visitors and makes you appreciate your lifestyle better because living in a well maintained clean and nice environment gives you a sense of responsibility which makes you more an accountable person.
A guide to a healthy living is to start a good personal hygiene and there’s no better way to it than to clean our home. Cleaning is an important aspect of our daily lives as it affects our environment where we are living whether it would be good for our health in the long term or not. Cleaning your home would feel like a full time job especially when you’re incredibly busy with work or because you have to look out for your children all the time. But if we want to retire in our house we must keep it germ free as possible. You might want to keep away all the bacteria to prevent sickness as we age, because our immune system often becomes less effective and our risk of severe health complications can increase from contaminated food caused by germs that suppress the immune system which cause us to be sick with foodborne and waterborne diseases and some other environmental factors.
Nonetheless, by regularly cleaning our home and disinfecting, we can kill up to 98 percent of the daily germs which helps keep your family healthy. It also reduces allergies, for those who suffer from allergies, consistent house cleaning is important as the dust in all the areas of your houses can irritate your sinuses. In addition, did you know that cleaning up our home can actually improve our mental health? As being organized and having an orderly home creates a peaceful environment and a positive energy, which lowers our stress and anxiety whenever we are at home. It helps us to be focused because when your environment is messy, our thinking is also affected. Not only does it affect our mental situation but also our physical health as well, as Associate professor NiCole R. Keith, Ph.D., research scientist and professor at Indiana University, once said that “At the end of the day, the interior condition of their house seemed to be the only thing affecting their physical activity.” He also discovered that people with clean homes are healthier than people with messy homes. Keith and her colleagues tracked the physical health of 998 participants. The results showed that participants who kept their homes clean were healthier and more active than those who didn’t. And it’s true, because of the fact that a clutter environment wouldn’t do us a favor whenever we do activities in our home. It would only makes us annoyed and irritable when our house was not organized and will lead to discontinuing of activities until our house was in order.
So not having a peace of mind and the health factors that germs causes obviously affects our daily living any further. So might as well clean regularly and disinfect as having as many bacteria’s in our house does not promote good health. Basically, a clean house makes a healthy and enjoyable home and this proves why.
- Therefore, When cleaning, you should always wear gloves and masks to prevent dusts, germs and all the other bacteria’s that are in certain areas of your home.
- Disinfecting should be done 3-4 times a week, but you should often perform certain cleaning tasks on a daily basis like Sweeping and wiping surface areas. Clean surfaces and areas that are more of heavy usage.
- Surfaces you should clean the most includes:
- LIGHT SWITCHES
- Door handles
- Entrance Doors
- Kitchen Counter
- Desks and Tables
- Mobile phones
- Remote Controls
- Car Steering Wheels
- Here are some cleaning and disinfecting tips on how to routinely kill bacteria in your home to prevent sickness to live a healthier, happy life while at your home.
- Use cleaners with disinfectant properties – as a guide you can start with diluted household bleach solution is appropriate for the surface. Mix 5 tablespoons of bleach with 1 gallon of water, You can also use other cleaning products such as – 70 % alcohol Solution, Soap and Water and Household Cleaners & disinfectants
- Always Wash your hands after cleaning – make sure to always clean your hands and arms after doing a rigorous cleaning session. This will not only prevent you from getting sick but it will also provide others from getting sick as well
- Clean high touch surfaces daily – make sure to disinfect all the areas in your home. Places such as bathrooms kitchen and bedrooms in which bacteria can grow and cause illnesses