Simple steps to lose weight and keep it off
Nowadays, there are various ways that you can do to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. Though there are some scenarios wherein diet plans leave you feeling hungry or much more, unsatisfied. This is one of the major reasons why an individual finds it difficult to stick with the stipulated diet. But not all diet process has that kind of effect. You can try low carb diets which are indeed effective for weight loss. To date, several surveys revealed that it’s much easier to stick with this if being compared to any other dietary plans.
I’ve listed down three steps on how to lose weight. This employs a low carb diet and aims to significantly reduce one’s appetite that in return causes fast weight loss. It also helps in improving your metabolic health. Let’s get started!
- Choose protein, fat, and vegetables: It is necessary to include a protein source, fat source, and low carb vegetables in each of your meals. As per the general rule, an individual should try to eat at least three meals daily. If in any case, you find yourself hungry in the afternoon, then you can add a fourth meal. As you construct your meals that way, this enables your carb intake down to around 40 grams per day.
Protein: It plays a vital part in this plan. There are pieces of evidence available that suggests eating numerous proteins may help in boosting calorie expenditure by around 90 calories per day. On the other hand, the so-called high-protein diets can also help in reducing one’s cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by almost 50%. It also reduces one’s desire to have a midnight snack since it makes you feel full. As per the studies conducted by experts, people on a higher protein diet ate around 440 fewer calories per day.
Please be guided of the below protein sources:
- Meat: chicken, pork, beef, and lamb
- Fish and seafood: trout, salmon, and shrimp
- Eggs: Whole eggs with the yolk
- Plant-based proteins: legumes, beans, and soy
Low carbs vegetables: You can load your plate with low carb vegetables as much as you want. They are packed with various nutrients and you can even eat huge amounts without going over 50 net carbs daily.
Here are some of the vegetables that are low in carbs:
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Healthy fats: Some of the main sources of this include coconut oil, olive oil, butter, and avocado oil.
- Cut back on carbs: It is very significant to cut back on starches, sugars, and even carbohydrates. Please note that removing those from your diet can reduce your appetite, lower your insulin levels, and allows you to lose weight without feeling hungry. As a result, you’ll generally end up eating significantly fewer calories. In that way, your body can now start to burn the stored fat for energy.
- Lift weights three times a week: You can gain extra benefits on by doing this. One of the best options would be the resistance training such as weight lifting. If that’s impossible for you, cardio workouts like running, cycling, swimming, walking, and jogging can also be a big help and effective as well. By engaging yourself in this kind of activity, you will burn lots of calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down. This is known to be the common side effect of losing weight.
As you decided to adopt these simple steps to lose weight, be sure to stick to the plan to achieve your ultimate goal. Have faith in yourself. Don’t worry too much because I know that you can do it. Just be optimistic at all times and keep going.