Finding a balance in our life for how we manage our time on a daily basis is one of the most important aspects of our life because clearly, time is precious. Most people do not realize how valuable their time is until it passes by, and there are some who find it hard to balance it all throughout.
We all make time for what we feel is important in our lives, we make time for our work, passion, our friends and family, or just life in general, but most of the time there comes a point in our life where we feel so caught up with just one thing that we never had done other things that is needed to be done as well to have our life set in order. Think of your work as an example, sometimes you became so busy with it and it ended up consuming most of your time that you find it hard to balance other areas in your life as well. There are certain areas in your life where you prioritize much more over the other, and I get it because there is no such thing as a ‘perfect balance’, each person prioritizes differently based on what’s more important to them, some may focus largely on their career as I have mentioned and some on family, friends and to what makes them happier.
A work-Life balance doesn’t suppose to mean you have to split it in 50/50, with your work 50% and your home life the other 50% percent and Just because you hear of a ‘balance’ doesn’t mean its splitting things on an equal amount because it’s not realistic and achievable at the same time. Like what I said, there is no such thing as a ‘perfect balance’ you have to be clear on which certain area do you want to prioritize strongly and give it your all, which of it do you want to give your time the most consumable amount? Is it your home life? Wherein you chose to just work on a part-time job because you want to focus solely on your home life in which you can’t achieve when you have a busier schedule with your full-time job because it ended up consuming most of your time? Or is it your full-time job because you want a sense of stability?
Whatever it is, you should always balance your work-life accordingly, even if not 50-50, you should not feel that something is using up too much of your time and energy that you can’t pursue other personal activities that are needed to be done. There is no ‘perfect balance’ but whenever you manage your time, for instance, setting up a daily routine, you will become much more productive that it feels like you did so much in just a short amount of time and it should always be like that. Not only did you effectively balance your work with other aspects of your life, but you also found a way to improve your time management skills and set your life in order.
If you are one to work in a 9-5 job or having busier schedules within your workplace and finds it hard to balance your life, start to plan your time thoroughly, set a time for when you go to bed, wake up, eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner and look at the time that you can freely relaxed or do something else that you needed to do in a day. Try to do it in a week, see if it makes a difference and helps you to be in order. If you don’t like routines, then switch it up a little. For instance, you can set your laundry day on a different day than what you’re used to and use that time to relax and wind up from stresses and the hassle of a day to day life or just use it to do the things you loved on doing that you missed out on.
No one wants to waste time, so make sure to spend it wisely, because once it’s gone, you can never rewind back and wished you did a certain thing during that time instead. Besides, as we age we started to appreciate how valuable our time is and how little we have in a day to work on a lot of things. So when we decided to improve and manage our time wisely that’s when we allow ourselves to accomplish more in a shorter period of time. After all, we are the ones handling how we lived our life, so we should also learn how to use the time we have efficiently because we only have one life, and time flies by quickly.
With that said, here are some tips and techniques that you can follow to achieve a good Work – Life balance
- Take time to make time – Track what you do in a day that can make you do most of the things you need to work on and be productive as long as you don’t stressed yourself out, and feel burnt out.
- Stop Procrastinating- If you need a break, it’s okay to relax a little to keep your mind off of things that stresses you out, but if you are doing it frequently that you waste your time on not doing things productively, you should change your habit and expect changes to come.
- Choose the Work that you are passionate about and could make you happy in the long run because you love it and not just because of the money involved, because if you love the job you’re going to work on, it will be something enjoyable that you will look forward to every day, With this, you will not only achieve your dream life but it also gives you the fulfillment you desire.
- Create a routine – Routines can be helpful for those who have a busy life and find it hard to balance their work-life. Planning what you are going to do in a day can make you feel less pressured.
- Focus on one thing at a time because multitasking can be a problem as it decreases productivity and the quality of what you’re working on and more focused on the quantity of how much you are doing things simultaneously.
If you miss our previous articles, you can read it by clicking on these links below;