Let me simply explain detox. It is a process wherein an individual eliminates toxins that in return improve one’s health, and promote weight loss, too. And that’s where the food comes in. It will start on what you have on your plate. As being said, the first thing to do is to stop bringing toxins into your body if you want to detoxify. Currently, we have a sheer number of food additives being used which are often declared by companies as safe. But still, taking care of your body is one of the top priorities and one should take an initiative for it.
Several researches show that there are particular foods that can help one’s body boost its detox capability. Maybe you’ve heard various popular detox programs and food supplements out there but what sets this apart is that this food strongly helps your body eliminate toxins. Besides, it also provides numerous positive health benefits. I’ve listed below the top detoxifying foods that you can intake:
- Lemon: A study revealed that the citric acid in lemons are proven to protect liver function and prevent stress-related damage. As you ingest this in combination with daily walking, it can also help regulate one’s blood pressure. Consuming lemon water has become popular now since it’s easy to prepare. All you need to do is squeeze the fresh lemon into a glass of water.
- Avocado: It has a wealth of antioxidants and other nutrients needed by the body. One study said that the fatty acids in avocados can help protect against damage caused by a powerful liver toxin.
- Cruciferous Vegetables and Leafy Greens: It includes cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage. These vegetables help boost liver health through anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and antiviral effects. Also, they are high in fiber which in return encourages the excretion of toxins through the bile and even stool.
- Apples: This is one of the popular snacks that are rich in soluble fiber pectin which helps purge toxins from the bloodstream and even helps in lowering Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol or commonly known as the bad cholesterol. Pectin also aids in the excretion of mercury and lead.
- Green Tea: It is universally declared as a good beverage and has been used as a medicinal aid for a long time. It is high in antioxidants which helps one body to keep in balance and also has protection against free radicals that cause aging and degenerative disease. It also can protect you against certain types of cancer since it concentrates boosted production of detoxification enzymes which play a vital role in cancer prevention.
- Turmeric: This yellow gorgeous spice has been used for medicinal purposes for almost 4,000 years. This ancient spice is said to have anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, antioxidant, cardioprotective, radioprotective, and digestive activities.
- Beets: It also contains high levels of antioxidants. Experts said that beet juice can help in amplifying specific enzymes that support the liver and aid in detoxification.
- Blueberries: These are nutrient-dense and a great source of antioxidants. It is proven to lower blood pressure, fight against cancer, protect the lungs, boost vascular health, and even prevent Alzheimer’s.
I know that you’re looking to cleanse your body. Please be guided of the following foods that you need to avoid:
- Fish: It contains high levels of chemical residues.
- Meat: According to the World Health Organization, processed meats such as bacon, lunchmeat, and hotdogs are cancer-causing.
- Dairy: Consumption of this has been linked to heart disease, asthma, acne, and several types of cancer. There’s a study conducted and found out that there are at least 30 chemicals present in cow’s milk.
For me, the best way to cleanse your body is by eating and drinking detoxifying foods and beverages. It helps your body clean and healthy at the same time. As you protect your liver and other detox organs, you also protect yourself from acquiring various diseases and viruses. Don’t be neglectful, always remember to take care of your body.